It’s important for students to abide by a dress code policy for the following reasons:
• A neat and tidy appearance sets an attitude of attentiveness and respect for students,
teachers, and the art of dance.
• Teachers must be able to clearly see each dancer's body outline in order to make proper
corrections on posture, alignment, and technique.
• Hair must be properly secured and tied up off the face and neck for all styles of dance.
• No loose or dangling jewelry will be allowed.
• Gum chewing will not be permitted due to the danger of choking, as well as for the sake of
• No loose-fitting pants, blue jeans, T-shirts, or other non-dance attire will be allowed.
• Costumes for special occasions or recital rehearsals will be permitted only with teacher
Creative Movement/Tip Tap Toe: Any color leotard
and leggings or tights. Skirts allowed. Boys: Any color T-shirt with
sweatpants or dance pants. Bare feet.
Beginning Ballet: Pink leo with attached skirt, pink tights, and pink ballet shoes (see our shop to buy)
Hip Hop: Comfortable clothing - t-shirts, tank tops, shorts, sweats or
stretch pants acceptable. NO JEANS, cargo pants or khaki pants. Clean
sneakers must be brought to the studio for class; not worn on the way. No bare feet.
Ballet: Black leotard and pink tights. Pink ballet shoes required.
Boys: White t-shirt and black tights. Black or white ballet shoes. It is
recommended that students buy canvas shoes as opposed to
Senior Ballet and Pointe Classes: Any color leotard and tights. Ballet skirts okay. Pink ballet
shoes. Boys: White t-shirt and black tights. White or black ballet shoes.
Jazz: Any color leotard or tank top, and dance pants. No baggy, loose fitting
clothing. Boys: Any color T-shirt with sweatpants or dance pants.
Bare feet or “Footundeez.”
Modern: Any color leotard or tank top, and dance pants. Teacher approved
cover-ups. No baggy, loose-fitting clothing. Bare feet.
For all classes , hair must be pulled back in a bun or neat ponytail.
This includes hip hop! For ballet, it MUST be in a bun. If hair is too short, please wear a headband or clips to secure hair away from face.